Monday, February 23, 2009

Another month is coming to a close and I've not kept up with this. Some of the things that have kept us busy - Dave & Dawn Jensen's daughter has asked if I could make her wedding cake and do the flowers for her reception, played with Katie as often as possible, planned and scheduled a Pampered Chef party for the 28th of February, played at the Temple two Saturdays (7th & 21st), held a Unit Board of Review and Court of Honor, sat on a couple of Eagle Board of Reviews, helped two young men in my Unit get their Eagle Rank paperwork together, attended a Primary recognition party, attended the Ward Talent Show (sponsored by the Primary), attended a meeting about a proposed 6 lane highway to be located in Benjamin, and a meeting to discuss the possibility of incorporating Benjamin. Busy month!!

Holly and Rick have given us dates for their move to Tennessee. They will be moving Father's Day weekend. He starts classwork July 28th. I'm really happy for them and the opportunities they have opening up to them, but know that we are definitely going to miss them.

Lee and Joee announced at our last family dinner that they have bought a home in Woods Cross and will be moving in June as well. They have to wait for their home to be built and that is why they are not moving until June. Lee will be finishing his degree during the summer and so it will be a busy summer for them as well.

Amy has applied for work with a Dude Ranch in Arizona and so may not be home this summer at all (or only for a week or two in May). This will be a very good opportunity for her to add to her resume in something more related to her college degree. She has applied for her major program, but I haven't heard whether she got in or not. I do know that it is a very limited number who are accepted.

I also got a call from the Temple Organist Coordinator asking if I was still interested in a Friday assignment. I told her I was. She told me that there was a possibility that I could be switched to Friday in March or April, but she would get back to me. I think it would be easier on Fridays rather than mid-day on Saturdays.

1 comment: